Dillian Whyte’s Boxing Licence Reinstated After Suspension Lifted

British heavyweight boxer Dillian Whyte has been reinstated after he had a doping violation charge dropped

The 31 year old is now the mandatory challenger for Deontay Wilder’s World Boxing Council world heavyweight title.

Back in June 2019, Whyte had provided a sample that contained traces of a banned steroid, but UK Anti-Doping has withdrawn the charge as the levels were deemed very low.

Whyte could now fight the winner of Deontay Wilder versus Tyson Fury which is set to take place in February 2020 in the United States.

An out-of-competition urine sample collected by Ukad a month Whyte had fought and defeated Oscar Rivas in July yielded an adverse finding.

Even though he had passed all his tests with the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association (Vada) and had been allowed to fight.

The WBC then provisionally suspended Whyte but earlier this month Ukad announced it was withdrawing its charge against Whyte

A WBC statement said: “Based on limited but detailed research and information gathering, including the WBC’s consultation with two independent experts, the WBC found that there was no sufficient or conclusive evidence that Whyte intentionally, or even knowingly, ingested a banned substance with the purpose of enhancing his performance in any fashion.

“In light of the WBC’s own finding and of Ukad’s withdrawal of the claim against Mr Whyte, the WBC has closed its internal investigation.

“The WBC is hereby lifting its provisional suspension and confirming its recognition of Mr Whyte as WBC Interim world heavyweight champion.”

He gained an unanimous points win over Poland’s Mariusz Wach on the undercard of Joshua’s revenge win over Andy Ruiz Jr in Saudi Arabia on Saturday.

The WBC confirmed that Whyte will fight for a world title for the first time on or about February of 2021.

Juice Wrld Dies After Suffering Seizure On Private Jet

Juice WRLD, who’s real name is Jarad Higgins, has died after he allegedly took several asorted pills. The 21-year-old was rushed to hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

The rapper’s traggic death occured on Sunday 8 December after suffering a seizure at Chicago Midway International Airport.

Eye witnesses say Juice had taken a number of pills on board the private jet including Percocet and codeine cough syrup.  The FBI also seized 70 pounds of marijuana from suitcases that were on the flight.

Juice is known to have spoken about his use of pills such as Xanax, Percocet and Lean, a cocktail of cough syrup, hard candy and a soft drink also known as purple drank.

On his WRLD On Drugs mixtape in 2018, he made references to ‘Percs’, while on the song Empty, he rapped that he ‘problem solves with Styrofoam’, a reference to Lean.

However, in July he said he was ‘done’ with drinking Lean, tweeting to his girlfriend: ‘Bae I’m sorry I be tweaking, you’ve put up with more than ppl know I know I be scaring you, f*** Codeine I’m done. I love you and im letting it be known publicly that ain’t s*** f***ing up the real love I found. Learn from this everyone. Addiction kills all but you can overcome.’

Juice Wrld rose to prominence in 2018 with his hit song Lucid Dreams, which peaked at number two on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.

His song All Girls Are The Same, was remixed by Lil Uzi Vert and drew the attention of Interscope Records, who then signed him to a multi-million dollar contract.

The 21-year-old’s cause of death has not yet been revealed, with an autopsy set to take place.

Two men on the flight, Chris Long and Henry Dean, were arrested for possession of handguns, with Long released on $1,500 bail and Dean released without bail.

MOBO Awards To Return In 2020 After A Two Year Absence

The MOBO is to return in 2020 after the music awards ceremony took a two year break. The music ceremony will take place at the SSE Arena Wembley on November 12 2020.

MOBO founder Kanya King said it was approprate to stage the awards in Brent because that is where the fight to challenge the status quo to create a level playing field started.

Kanya King added: “2020 will see many positive changes that will impact more and more talented young people – very proud to be back and to help ensure that the younger generation will also dare to dream.”

The landmark ceremony, which celebrates music of black origin from across the globe, has previously see appearances from the likes of Jay-Z, Beyonce and Stormzy.

Tickets are also on sale now, ranging from £25 to £49 and you can buy them here. The last event was held in 2017 and saw victories for Stormzy, J Hus and Dave.

Anthony Joshua Win Unanimous Verdict To Reclaim Heavyweight Titles

Anthony Joshua has won an unanimous verdict to reclaim his world heavyweight titles on Sunday. Two judges scored the fight 119-110 to Joshua and the other judge scored it 119-109.

The Briton produce a disciplined display to beat Andy Ruiz Jr on points in their rematch to reclaim his WBA, WBO and IBF belts.

Joshua controlled the fight with smart movement and better timing of his punches and there was no knockouts this time.

It is recollected that Ruiz knocked down Joshua four times on the way to a seventh-round upset win in New York in June 2019 but there was none of the drama in the rematch.

It was the first heavyweight title fight to be staged in the Middle East. It took place in the early hours of Sunday in a relatively cool 19 C (66 F).

The fight began at 12.15 a.m. local time soon after rain fell in the desert venue.

Racist ‘Black Friday’ Headline Overshadow Inter Milan And Roma Game

Inter Milan played out a goalless draw with Roma at the San Siro stadium. The result means Inter Milan missed the chance to move four points clear at the top of the Italian league.

The match was overshadowed by Italian newspaper Corriere dello Sport’s ‘Black Friday’ headline, which was accompanied by images of Roma defender Chris Smalling and Inter Milan’s Romelu Lukaku.

Lukaku condemned the headline as “one of the dumbest” he has ever seen while Smalling said it was “wrong and insensitive”.

Inter Milan were denied a seventh-minute opener after Lukaku’s shot was saved by goalkeeper Antonio Mirante.

Inter’s Marcelo Brozovic then blazed an attempt over following Mirante’s scuffed clearance shortly before half-time, while Mirante – in for Roma’s injured Pau Lopez – frustrated Inter further after the interval.

England manager Gareth Southgate was in attendance, alongside assistant Steve Holland, as Roma’s Manchester United loanee Smalling stuck tight to former Old Trafford team-mate Lukaku throughout in what was an assured display.

The result, which ends Inter’s five-match winning run, means reigning champions Juventus can move top with victory over third-placed Lazio on Saturday.

Serie A clubs have pledged to combat growing racist centiments and abuse in Italian football

Four Men Convicted In 1972 Have Had Their Convictions Overturned

Four men, Winston Trew, Sterling Christie, George Griffiths and Constantine Boucher, who were convicted and jailed for allegedly stealing handbags in the early 70s, have had their convictions quashed.

Known as The Oval Four, the men, who were aged between 19 and 23 at the time were arrested by police at Oval tube station in March 1972 on suspicion of stealing passenger’s handbags.

The men were convicted on the evidence of Detective Sgt Derek Ridgewell and the trial lasted five weeks in which they were found guilty of assaulting police officers and attempted theft in November 1972.

The Court of Appeal overturned the convictions following an appeal and their sentences were reduced to eight months from their original two year sentences.

Mr Trew, one of the men who was jailed due to the unreliability of the detective’s evidence, urged anyone wrongfully convicted by evidence given by Det Sgt Derek Ridgewell to bring forward a challenge.

Mr Trew, Mr Christie, now both 69, and Mr Griffiths, 67, thanked those who helped overturn their convictions. Mr Constantine Boucher was not present in court.

The Judge, Lord Burnett said there was “an accumulating body of evidence that points to the fundamental unreliability of evidence given by DS Ridgewell… and others of this specialist group”.

Mr Griffiths’ solicitor Jenny Wiltshire welcomed the decision, but said it was “deeply concerning that it has taken so long to happen”.

Ridgewell was moved to a department investigating mailbag theft, where he joined up with two criminals splitting the profits of stolen mailbags. In 1982 he died of a heart attack in prison aged 37.

“It is a travesty that these men have waited 47 years for exoneration for crimes that they did not commit. Justice has now finally been done,” said Mr Christie’s lawyer Steven Bird.

Jaden Moodie Murder Trial Continues At The Old Bailey

The trial continues in the case of Jaden Moodie who was attacked by three men in Leyton, East London.

The 14-year-old boy was stabbed at least nine times by a rival gang on 8 January 2019.

A witness statement read out in court stated that he was at home when he heard a loud crash on Bickley Road.

He saw three people get out of a Mercedes before they began stomping and kicking a person on the ground after which they quickly got back in the car and drove off.

The trial of Mr Majdouline has previously heard Jaden had been riding his moped around the streets near Baker’s Arms in Leyton.

Mr Majdouline, who is allegedly linked to the “Mali Boys” gang had been in a stolen Mercedes which was driven at Jaden, causing him to be “catapulted” over the bonnet.

The defendant and two others, all armed with knives, then got out of the car and began stabbing Jaden repeatedly, jurors heard.

The attack “violent and frenzied” attack lasted 14 seconds, the court has been told.

A witness told the court Jaden was “quivering” and that “thick trails of blood” were coming from the car the teenager lay underneath.

Another witness said that he could hear the teenager “grunting” and that he noticed several slit marks at the back of Jaden’s jacket.

He administered CPR, but the 14-year-old was pronounced dead at 19:09 GMT.

Ayoub Majdouline, 19, of Wembley in north London, denies murder and possession of a knife.

The trial continues.

Blue Story Film To Return To Movie Theaters Nationwide

Vue Cinemas has confirmed that the film Blue Story will be returning to it’s theaters after the film was banned when a brawl broke out at a screening.

Reports circulating at the time claimed that a gang armed with machetes arrived at the venue Star City in Birmingham.

West Midlands Police made several arrests at the movie theatre. It follows major incidents connected with the film at 16 other cinemas all across the country.

They reversed their initial decision after lengthy meetings with interested parties, including the film producers, security advisers and their own operational teams who manage the cinemas on a day-to-day basis.

The management said, ‘We want ensure above all else, the safety of customers and our colleagues.’

Following an ongoing review of security to protect the safety of staff and customers, the movie will be showing with additional security arrangements at cinemas.

Mo Gilligan’s Brand-New World Tour For 2020

Fresh from his smash hit global Netflix release, BAFTA nomination and No. 1 trending entertainment show, Mo Gilligan is back with a brand-new World Tour for 2020!

The funniest man in Britain” The Times

Expect a jam-packed high-energy show like no other. BAFTA 2019 Nominee. Royal Television Society 2019 Winner. NTA 2020 Double Nominee.

GET TICKETS